On this blog, I always preach about how important it is to have goals, to aim for things that will make you life better. Thus, I have compiled a list of 17 goals I have for 2017.
- I want to write more in my journal. Doing this is like my own little version of therapy, and, towards the end of 2016, I didn’t do this enough, or forced myself to be too arty with my journal. This year, I’m just going to scribble my thoughts down whenever I want to, regardless of how messy it looks.
- I want to read 100 books. Every year, I set up a reading challenge on Goodreads. In 2015, I read 100 books, but in 2016, I only read 80. I don’t feel bad about that, because I had a lot of work to do in 2016, but I have a lot of books I want to read in 2017, and I’m really challenging myself to reach 100 again. I know I can do it if I really push myself, but I won’t be disappointed if I don’t.
- Read more autobiographies. I love learning about other people’s’ lives, and reading autobiographies is the least threatening and creepy way to do this. (In all honesty, I just love reading autobiographies, and I didn’t read many in 2016.)
- Read more poetry. I love reading poetry. I actually just finished reading a poetry collection last night, so this goal is going quite well thus far.
- Read more diverse books. There is a big blogging movement at the moment protesting for more diverse books to be written, released, and enter the mainstream. I definitely stand for this. If you have any diverse book suggestions, let me know in the comments!
- Write a book of my own. I’ve always wanted to do this, but I don’t mean I want to publish a book, nor do I mean it will be a good book. I just want to write, and see where it takes me.
- Learn new words. I really want to expand my vocabulary, which is inevitable as I grow older, but I’m hoping 2017 will be the year I start making a conscious effort to speak more eloquently.
- Go to the cinema more. In 2016, I didn’t go to the cinema once. Not once! I love watching movies, so I don’t exactly know why this is. Thus far in 2017, I’ve been to the cinema once, with (hopefully) many more visits on the horizon!
- Improve my posture. I’m a compulsive sloucher. (I’m slouching as I type this!) I really want to have better posture, because I’m hoping it will help de-stress my back muscles and spine. Already, I’ve bought a new backpack that is supposed to help with this.
- Write more on paper. I’m all for saving the trees, so this will increasingly be on recycled paper, but I just feel so much more inspired when putting pen to paper than fingers to keyboard.
- Eat healthier. This is a goal of mine pretty much every year…
- Care for my skin more. I’m talking exfoliation, moisturising, the works! I have quite dry, sensitive skin anyway, so I’m hoping to make it a little better by taking care of it a little more each day.
- Blog more, and blog better. Towards the end of 2016, I started slacking with this blog. I haven’t really had a good start to 2017 with it either, if we’re being honest. That being said, I just really want this blog to be even better in 2017, and I’m planning so many good things to post!
- Host more giveaways. In 2016, I hosted a Christmas giveaway, and I really enjoyed it! Obviously, I can’t host too many, because it would get really expensive really quickly, and all the funds come out of my back pocket. However, keep your eye out for more giveaways coming every now and then on my blog!
- Write more lists (lists like this!) Writing this list was so therapeutic. I need to write more in 2017, just to get my thoughts and ideas down.
- Apply to university. Typing this is quite scary, but by the end of 2017, I will have applied to university, maybe even attended some interviews or received some offers!
- Drink more water. This is another goal that I work towards every year, and it never goes very well. I’m hoping 2017 will be the year I change that!
In short, 2017 is the year I put my health and happiness first, all whilst reading a lot of good books!