This series has claimed a part of both my mind and soul. It is ever present, and my mind always drifts to it. When I can’t stop thinking about something, I write about it. Failing that, I make a playlist that aims to sum up my emotions towards it. Thus, I present to you another bookish playlist. View my previous bookish playlists here.
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater – A Playlist Inspired by the Book Series
Maggie Stiefvater created her own playlist dedicated to this series a while ago (which you can check out here), which, in turn, inspired mine. There are a few cross over songs, but the majority of the following tracks are ones that really spoke to me as an individual in terms of the book.
- Jessica – Major Lazer feat. Ezra Koenig
- Grow Old with Me – Tom Odell
- 17 – Youth Lagoon17 – Youth Lagoon
- Diplomat’s Son – Vampire Weekend
- Eyes Off You – Bombay Bicycle Club
- Hold Me – Tom Odell
- Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa – Vampire Weekend
- 1940 – The Submarines
- Green Garden – Laura MvulaGreen Garden – Laura Mvula
- Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
- Without a Word – Birdy
- From Eden – Hozier
I have linked to all of the songs mentioned where possible.
As you can probably tell, my choices mainly revolve around the character’s relationships and Cabeswater. They are the two main aspects I find my mind drifting to when thinking about The Raven Cycle, or when my mind is just drifting in general.
Do you ever make playlists like this? Let me know!
Love, Olivia x