Big thank you to Eleanor over at Twenty by Twenty Five for nominating me for this award. Her blog is honestly wonderful, and I highly recommend you all go and check her out by clicking here.
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
3. Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions answer that first then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
⋘The Original Questions⋙
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
This is a really tough question! Frankly, I’d love to meet any of my favourite authors, like Cassandra Clare. But then again, I’d love to meet the authors that essentially created literature as we know it today, like Charles Dickens, or Jane Austen. However, then there are a lot of people who I look up to who are famous, or a YouTuber, like Emma Watson, or Connor Franta. I’d also love to meet the people who structured the world we know today: people who stood up for their rights, like Rosa Parks; people who revolutionised worldwide freedom and independence, like Gandhi; people who finally stood up for women’s rights, like Emmeline Pankhurst, and women’s body image, like Marilyn Monroe. Mostly, though, I’d like to meet a biblical figure, namely Jesus, or John the Baptist. Admittedly, I’m not the most religious person, and I say this not for religious reasons, but the stories depicted in the Bible are some of the most interesting, and I’d love to see the extent of their truth. Also, I’d love to know who died for my sins, who sacrificed his life so I could live mine with minimal repercussions, and who was the original sufferer of prejudice and ridicule simply because of who he stated his father was. I don’t know, the whole Bible scene really interests me.
2. What is your favourite book and why?
Another tough as hell question! Here is a selection of books on my favourites shelf on Goodreads:
As well as being my favourites, these are the 8 books I’d definitely recommend to people. There’s a mixture of genres/writing styles/themes as well, so if you’re looking for something to read, look no further!
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
I am a big believer in Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series. Not only is she a badass female role model, but she is the strongest female character I’ve ever come across, without it being overdone. She is not the main character, and so the story isn’t structured around her, but nor should it be, for having her staying strong in the background despite her dire circumstances is a good structure for the book series, to an extent. Also, she isn’t strong simply in the Shadowhunter world, but it is Isabelle’s character that deals with some of the toughest themes in the book that are present in the real world, including LGBT ideas, insecurities, and relationship issues.
1. Who is the most important person to you, and why?
How cheesy of me to say, granted, but my mum. She is my inspiration to keep powering forward no matter what, and no matter how tough times get. She has always been there with me through thick and thin, and acts as my rock in the scariest and toughest times. I love her deeply, and wouldn’t change her for the world.
2. If you could give a lump some of money to any one charity, which would it be, and why?
I would definitely give my money to the Alzheimer’s Society. This charity is really close to my heart, and is actually coming into public attention more frequently recently, which is really uplifting, for this cause deserves a lot of attention. Everyone is at risk of developing alzheimer’s disease, it being the 5th leading cause for male death in the UK, the 1st leading cause of death for females in the UK, and the 6th leading cause of death in the USA, killing more people each year than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. This charity is really important for all of our futures, for we are all at risk.
3. If you could have any one job in the world, which would it be and why?
Easy! World famous author. New York Times #1 bestseller. Nobel Prize winner for literature – I don’t ask for much!
As is stated in the rules, the following bloggers are the real starlight in my life:
Rosemary @ Rosemary’s Inkpot
Emily @ The Little Book Affair
Annalise @ Annalise Books
Liz @ Lemony Matters
Felicia @ Felicia Sue Lynn Reviews
Kerrie @ Comfy Reading
- If you could visit any place in time or space, where would you go?
- What was the last movie you watched? Was it good? Better or worse than expected?
- Which book are you absolutely dying to read?
Thanks for reading! Olivia x