I’ve seen a lot of people do this as an introductory post to their blog, and I know I’m over 10 posts in, but I wanted to do it, too! So, here are 25 facts you probably didn’t know about me!
- My favourite foods are Nutella, marshmallows, and noodles. Not at the same time.
- A lot of people don’t believe this is a thing, but I have naturally strawberry blonde hair.
- When I grow up, I want to work in journalism. My dream is to be the editor of a big-name magazine. However, I think I’d also like to be an author on the side.
- I really enjoy writing – mainly fiction prose, but sometimes I write little poems. They’re not good, but I enjoy it, so why stop?
- I actually have two middle names, which I’ve heard is quite rare outside of Catholicism. My dad said he wanted to give me a choice of names if I later decided I wasn’t very fond of my name (which I’m not, really), and he has 2 middle names himself. My middle names are Emily (after my mother, Emma), and Sydney (after my paternal grandfather, Sidney). I like having 2 middle names, because it sets me apart from everyone else. However, Sydney is often ignored, for people only usually take account for your first middle name. For example, most things addressed to me say “Olivia.E”, not “Olivia.ES”, which is slightly annoying, because I prefer the name Sydney to Emily.
- My favourite books are YA. Whether that’s YA contemporary or YA fantasy, I feel as though I’m at a perfect age for these books. I do sometimes read an adult-aimed book, but frankly, many adult story lines get boring, because they’re talking about their children, or going to dinner parties. That’s also why I generally fail to read ‘classic’ novels; they’re all about the ballroom scenes, and sophisticated dinners, which simply bore me.
- My mood very much relies on people’s moods surrounding me. If people are happy, I’m happy. If people are sad, I’m sad. Despite this, though, I’m not an empathetic person; if you come crying to me, I’ll have no idea what to do!
- Like number 7, I’m very bad at talking about my feelings. Usually, I end up crying. Not good.
- I was born in the year 2000. I am a child of the millennium, and I’ve never breathed the air of any other century.
- I rarely cry at books, films, or TV shows. I’m more likely to cry at books than anything (e.g. I cried at The Fault in Our Stars book, not the film). Instead, I tend to get goosebumps.
- I’m a big believer in the “fake it till you make it” front. I 100% fake my confidence wherever I go, and it seems to work.
- My mother owns a shoe shop, and has done for almost 10 years now.
- I’m very fashion-forward in terms of clothing, but I hate make-up and jewellery.
- I don’t really like children, I’m wasn’t born a maternal person, but I would like children in the future. Way, way in the future.
- I adore art. Looking at it, and making it.
- I always speak in random accents. I think this might be backlash from #11, but sometimes I forget which accent is my own! My favourites are American and Australian.
- In my opinion, I’m the least ‘cool’ person alive. I’m literally so nerdy, and such a dork!
- I don’t like sauces, such as ketchup or mayonnaise. I’m a big believer in ‘plain Jane’ foods.
- I don’t like fizzy drinks (or soda, if you’re American). They make me feel quite ill and go straight up my nose!
- I love school – another reason I’m so uncool.
- I’m really excited for university, despite it being 3 years away for me! I really would like to go to university in America, but I doubt my parents will allow it; I’ll try to persuade them.
- I definitely want to live in a city when I’m older – I cannot deal with the countryside!
- I’m really not a very sentimental person. I don’t take/keep many photos at all, and I only have one photo album. (I was given it for Christmas, photos already installed.)
- I’m a Leo, and a very typical one at that.
- I’m not scared of the dark!…I’m scared of what’s in the dark.
If you managed to read through all of those random facts, congratulations! You now know a lot more about me! Please leave a comment telling me one random fact about you…
Thanks for reading!